permaculture - [permaculture] Re: A Fuzzy Tale - story source

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: John Schinnerer <eco_living@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re: A Fuzzy Tale - story source
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 18:21:30 -0700 (PDT)

Aloha,

> Does somebody here know the story about one folk, that had one habit:
> They present each other little pieces of fur every day...

Yes - it's in a section entitiled "A Fuzzy Tale" (p. 107) from "Chapter
8 - Basic Training: Training in Lovelessness" in the book "Scripts
People Live" by Claude Steiner, 2nd ed., 1990 (ISBN 0-8021-3210-3).
Steiner uses it to illustrate the consequences of living scarcity
'scripts' in the midst of abundance. The story ends with the final
outcome yet to be determined...because of course it is up to *us* to
choose to live scarcity, or abundance, in the supply of "warm fuzzies"
(or whatever...).

This book, among others I could recommend, contains the sort of
fundamental information that is essential to understanding and
designing with/for the 'culture' aspect of 'permaculture' (which is the
most essential part, e.g. 'zone zero' or whatever one chooses to call
onself and one's relatings with other human beings in PC-speak).

=====
John Schinnerer, MA