permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Holmgren Collected Writings

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Thilo Pfennig <tp@alternativ.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Holmgren Collected Writings
  • Date: 25 Mar 2002 11:29:11 +0100

Am Mon, 2002-03-25 um 07.40 schrieb David Holmgren & Su Dennett:

> These articles can be downloaded as screen readable pdfs from
> http://www.spacountry.net.au/holmgren/CollWrit.html but cannot be
> printed nor can text be selected for pasting into other documents .

Tey can be printed. I just did. With Linux using 'gv' instead of the
Acrobat Reader.

You should not trust into proprietary technology.

> (These blocks protect the integrity of writings posted on web sites).

Allthough I do understand your intentions I do not believe that those
kind of blockings are the right way.

I also could produce a Poscript file out of it:
http://www.alternativ.net/landwirtschaft/permakultur/holmgren/01.ps

> The CD is PC and Mac compatible and costs A$25.00 plus postage from
> Holmgren Design Services

Also think about if CDs are also Linux compatible. (They are not if
everything is packed into binary programs and there is no Linux binary).

I always thought in permaculture people would have a broader view.

--
Thilo Pfennig
http://www.alternativ.net/edv/