permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Mosquito article

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "keller" <ak.and.ak@on-line.de>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Mosquito article
  • Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 17:49:27 +0100

Title: Mosquito article
Hi,

one more thing on mosquitos. The larvae of at least some species seem to be affected by certain nematodes. In Brazil some spray made from such worms is now used against the mosquitos causing the dengue epidemic are now (a finding of some cuban scientists). I don't know if other species have such parasitic enemies as well. From what I have read about it, it is highly species specific.

Andreas