permaculture - [permaculture] (fwd) Re: permaculture software

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: lflondon@mindspring.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] (fwd) Re: permaculture software
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 20:28:47 -0500

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002 10:14:42 +1100, in alt.permaculture Craig Ambrose
<bast@vurt.net> wrote:

Heheh, I never expected to hear a request for a DOS program. I'd
developing
cross platform, meaning that it will work under any flavour of windows
(including the old windows 3.1), as well as MaxOS, and all flavours of
unix.

I don't what to sound like a complete geek, but if you think windows
is
tedious bloatware, why aren't you using linux? Much faster than DOS.

So no, I cant really provide a command line interface (for DOS, or
linux
shell or any other non graphical environment) because there would be
no way
to display permaculture systems in a graphical way. Using linux,
however,
you could load up the minimal graphical environment required to run
it,
which would be very fast.

Craig

L.F.London ICQ#27930345 lflondon@mindspring.com