permaculture - (fwd) permaculture software

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: lflondon@mindspring.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org, permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: (fwd) permaculture software
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 13:08:41 -0500

On Sun, 20 Jan 2002 14:54:58 +1100, in alt.permaculture Craig Ambrose
<bast@vurt.net> wrote:

Hi all,

I'm an errant programmer and permaculture nut, and I've been dabling
for a
little while with designs and ideas for some permaculture design
software.
I'm now about to either start seriously working on the project full
time,
or drop the whole idea, depending on whether it seems that people
would
really be interested in such a program. I figure that to pay for
several
thousand hours of programming and design time, I'd need to sell around
thousand copies of the software at consumer prices (around $80
Australian
per copy). I'm not trying to get rich, return dividends to any
investors,
or any such thing, I simply attempting to earn an ethical livellyhood.

I'm interested in any thoughts that anyone here has about the idea.
Would
people find the software usefull? Are there any features which people
would
especially like to see? Are people interested in hearing more about my
ideals in detail?

Emails welcome, as well as replies to this thread.

thanks,

Craig

L.F.London ICQ#27930345 lflondon@mindspring.com
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech london@ibiblio.org