permaculture - Re: Plant DB - data & user friendly

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "keller" <ak.and.ak@on-line.de>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Plant DB - data & user friendly
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 17:04:14 +0100

Hints are right, but don't put in a filter depending on the user's
loacation. I am sitting in cold Germany but I am searching the web for
plants for west Africa (it is cheaper to do the web searches here, and then
I can mail results to Cameroon). All the information must be available for
everybody. Allow the user to enter search criterea (tropical, temperate
etc.) but don't make the DB more intelligent than the user wants.

Andreas