permaculture - Re: Out of Control

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: John Schinnerer <eco_living@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Out of Control
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 00:10:29 -0800 (PST)

Aloha,

--- Claude Genest <genest@together.net> wrote:
> Thi sthread reminds me of the George Carlin post a while back who
> made the
> wry and astute observation about our being awash in information, yet
> short
> on knowledge...

And, ironically, that wasn't George Carlin, and he was a bit miffed
about his name being used on that hoax message...and notice how much
easier it is to spread those sorts of hoaxes (and others, less
harmless) in this medium...I am constantly amazed at what people
believe in cyberspace that they would never believe anywhere else.

=====
John Schinnerer, MA