permaculture - Re: Out of Control

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "darren simo" <wannafarm@hotmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Out of Control
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 07:24:56 +0000

I would have to agree with all that Lawrence has said on this.
The whole idea of primary and secondary school is to teach the student how to learn, not just to force feed obscure quotes, formulas etc. to be repeated by rote down through the ages of their lives. I may not hold a doctorate in the english language(in fact I fail final year english), but I know that simple words describing clear instructions are easy to remember.
It does not matter where these words come from ie vocal traditions or the net,all that matters is that they can be understood by the people who need the information.
For instance if vocal tradition is the only way to keep information in your memory why is PDC taught that way.

Darren

(remember K.I.S.S.)