permaculture - Re: deer fence

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Yaya Balinci" <yaya@telus.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: deer fence
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 10:07:50 -0800

Hello Toby. I took part in the building of a "fedge" (fence and hedge) a few
years ago. The deer could not jump it. It was two 5 foot fences about 5 feet
between the two. In between were planted food producing trees and shrubs.
There was a drip line going along the fence as we were in a dryish part of
California.
The only fence to build if you ask me.
Yaya Balinci