permaculture - Re: protecting wooden poles

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "neilb" <neilb@infoxchange.net.au>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>, "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: protecting wooden poles
  • Date: Sat, 08 Dec 90 06:54:04 +1100 (EST)

Hello Guy
What species of "gum" do you have, there is an enormous difference in their
characteristics, particularly their ability to last in the ground. Also
does anyone have any references to environmental or climate change with
large scale plantings of eucalypts outside of Australia?
Happy gardening and such- Neil Barraclough