permaculture - Re: Wild Grape Vine

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: FranksFarm@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Wild Grape Vine
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 09:11:37 EDT

Good day,
In a message dated 8/30/00 9:13:32 PM, essenheal@iname.com writes:

<< Ideas: make furniture, grapevine arbors, fencing, etc. You can find
"how-to's" at your local library or Barnes and Noble. I have a book around
here somewhere by ? Long(?). IF I can find it, I'll send you the name of
it and the correct author. >> Thanks.

All good ideas...in fact I've seen some well done trellises etc. But I'm so
busy now trying to get a home built, farm up and running that I just don't
have the time. I'm wondering if the cut vines could be sorted, stacked, air
dried for future use, or if they are best used freshly cut??

Too bad I couldn't hook up with a craftsperson in need of such supplies? Know
of any in my area/region.southern Kentucky?:) All the best. Frank