permaculture - Re: En: Polyculture / Castor

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Simon P. Kartar" <s.p.kartar@reading.ac.uk>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: En: Polyculture / Castor
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 09:26:33 +0100

Loren Davidson wrote:

> I truly hope you're not taking the cliche'd and arrogant tack of
> adding insult to injury by trying to make us feel guilty at having
> expressed how we felt about being inconvenienced.

Hello Loren, Marsha and Permaculture list,

I don't think that Marsha can be accused of arrogance here. Perhaps you
are mistaking arrogance with frustration that much hard work and
planning leading to an important discovery has been shot down in flames
due to a technical hitch.

We appear to be searching for proof and measurability in Permaculture,
and when it turns up and stares us in the face, we don't see it.
Marsha's team have made a very important breakthrough here, and lives
may be saved as a result. Please can we concentrate on the message and
not the messenger (a dodgy email). Concerns about being a few quid out
of pocket from people in the 'developed' world are at best misplaced in
relation to what marsha's team have done. I can't see a little bit extra
on the phone bill for August 2000 being of importance in years to come,
but this work may be of immeasurable importance if we manage it
correctly.

My grandfather says that the person who never made a mistake never made
anything. Lets have a go at encouraging each other instead of having a
pop.

For those of you who received the document and didn't delete it, please
have a look at it. Perhaps Lawrence could help Marsha distribute it in a
more acceptable format to the list.

Thanks,
Simon.