permaculture - Re: Bind weed

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Scott Pittman <pci@permaculture-inst.org>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Bind weed
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 09:44:50 -0600

At 07:24 AM 8/18/00 -0400, you wrote:
It invaded in a very small strawberry patch. I covered the whole area with black plastic about two weeks ago. The bindweed is creeping up through edges.
--
 why I am not surprised?

I observed around our construction site, that by the way is really clean, and no traffic is allowed near, no spills etc. We had our adobe bricks piled on the wooden crates, covered with plastic - about 6 of them in a row. Since we are building "debt free" house, it is taking time, but the bindweed is prolific under the crates, where there has not been sunshine or rain in two years.  It also very happy growing through the drains in the bathroom that is surrounded by the concrete slab, and has a roof over it.

Do sweet potatoes grow in New Mexico?