permaculture - Re: self-fertile kiwi?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: sfram@citycom.com (LEE)
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: self-fertile kiwi?
  • Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 09:42:41 -0800

I can't say much about it, but the self fertile "Issai" kiwi (Actinidia
arguta) which I planted this spring did not like the full sun I planted it
in - here in the Sierra Nevada foothills in Toulumne county. I had read
that they like full sun but it got scorched; so I'm now trying to nurse it
back to health.