permaculture - Re: Logo symbolism

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <hemenway@jeffnet.org>
  • To: permaculture digest "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Logo symbolism
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 09:04:03 -0600

While we're clarifying various permission issues, I've got a question (most
likely for Scott P or some other Institute person):

Bill's press release says that anyone wishing to use the curriculum must get
his permission. Does that mean that all teachers of permaculture must apply
to Bill for permission to teach? Not many Pc teachers do this. Or does the
PDC certificate grant that right? Where do you write to get permission?

The press release also refers to "The Permaculture Design Course
handbook issued by the Permaculture Institute to students . . . a concise
outline of [the] curriculum." I've heard of this hallowed booklet but have
never seen it--it was not issued to me at the Mollison/Pittman course I took
in 1995, or in the other PDC I took. How does one get this?

Toby