permaculture - Re: Snail Farming.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Ava Devenport" <essenheal@iname.com>
  • To: permaculture
  • Subject: Re: Snail Farming.
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 17:51:58

On 06/14/00, ""Marsha Hanzi" <hanzibra@svn.com.br>" wrote:
> Dear Brendan,>
> I don't know where you live, but my first reaction about snail farming would
> be to say don't do it. Snails are major devourers of gardens, and can easily
> get out of hand. The European petit gris are the worst pest in European
> gardens, and the tropical achatinas are wreaking havoc here in Brazil.
>
> I did raise snails, but don't need to any more--

Dear Marsha:

Can you explain to me what these snails look like? I've suddenly notice
what appears to be a small albino snail, no shell, in my produce beds.
Never had them before a week ago and the only snails I'm familiar with are
in shells.

Something is eating my foliage and if it is snails, how to get rid of them
without using synthetic chemicals?

Blessings,
Ava