permaculture - Re: North American Permaculture Convergence

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <hemenway@jeffnet.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: Scott Pittman <pci@permaculture-inst.org>
  • Subject: Re: North American Permaculture Convergence
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 09:03:05 -0600

Scott et al:

I'd be eager to see a permaculture conference come about, and would almost
certainly attend and help with it. But Shreveport doesn't seem like a good
location, as it is not near a major airport (3 plane changes for me), and
about as far away from the major concentrations of both population (NE and
west coast) and permaculture activity (same as above plus the SW) as you can
get. That means it will be expensive for most people to fly to, and very far
to drive, bus, or train to. I'd suggest moving it to either one of the
coasts or to the SW, so that at least a portion of the participants would be
nearby. The current location just about maximizes the amount of resources
consumed to attend. It would be cheaper and less energy intensive to fly
Bill to a more central location than for 200 people to come to him.

I'd love to help it happen, though.

Toby