permaculture - Re: North American Permaculture Convergence

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lee Flier" <lflier@mindspring.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: North American Permaculture Convergence
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 12:23:19 -0400

Toby wrote:

>I'd be eager to see a permaculture conference come about, and would almost
>certainly attend and help with it. But Shreveport doesn't seem like a good
>location, as it is not near a major airport (3 plane changes for me), and
>about as far away from the major concentrations of both population (NE and
>west coast) and permaculture activity (same as above plus the SW) as you
can
>get.

Errrr... ahem... I think you VASTLY underestimate the amount of Permaculture
people in the Southeast. No matter where the event is held, it would be
inconvenient for a lot of people - the U.S. is a big country. But please
don't dismiss the number of Southerners who are doing important permaculture
work. I am NOT trying to make this into an east-vs.-west or north vs. south
flame war - I'm a native of California. I have also travelled to
permaculture events at places that are not convenient to me. But if Bill is
going to be at a particular site for the purpose of doing real design work,
I think that's an excellent opportunity and there WILL be a lot of
reasonably local participants.

--Lee

Lee A. Flier
lflier@mindspring.com