permaculture - Re: Sustainability?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Myk Rushton" <permaculture@wave.co.nz>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Sustainability?
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 10:02:39 +1200

Greetings

----- Original Message -----
From: Kris Martin <mars47@iinet.net.au>
To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
Sent: Friday, 26 May 2000 04:11

> Myk
> ...but do you ever get your hands dirty?

Yes, As several people on this list can vouch :-)

> What use is all this intellectualisation of
> Permaculture, which really needs no explanation other than its results.
[snip]
> Hungry people can't eat words, and if you give them too many, watch out,
> they just might eat you!

I appriciate those who take permaculture out to those that need it most -
the hungry, but I'm not dealing with hungry people neither am I dealing with
pupils. I'm am designing a Pc business and dealing with clients or
prespective clients - they are spending money and like to know where it is
going. Results of Pc designs are few and far between esp. established
working sites making it difficult to simple show results.

> then its time to start making
> the bombs again

'Systems aren't just made of bricks, they're mostly made of people, you may
blow them all to bits but they'll be back again' CRASS

Myk