permaculture - Re: Women's Introduction to Permaculture Weekend 6/9-11

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Peter Wibberley" <petew@twpo.com.au>
  • To: "Jeff Hall" <JRHALL@gwgate.lib.iastate.edu>, <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Women's Introduction to Permaculture Weekend 6/9-11
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 13:59:25 +0930

----- Original Message -----
From: Jeff Hall <JRHALL@gwgate.lib.iastate.edu>
To: <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>; <petew@twpo.com.au>
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2000 10:53 PM

snip

> Some feel more comfortable learning in an equal social situation,

Hi Jeff
I suspected that, that was the case... it seems we (males) still have a long
way to go to be accepted as equals then :-)

>and have been disempowered by the world-consuming white male >culture.

Just speaking from a personal standpoint... I wouldn't want to attend a
workshop without my wife... cos even though I'm more interested in pc than
she.... it's something which affects us both equally... like she drags me
along to things which interest her more.. because we are an entity... made
up of equal parts.... I find it a little sad that pc which promotes
integration in it's teaching should need sex segregated workshops.

Perhaps I've led a much more sheltered life than I thought.

>Support their healing, it will make permaculture stronger.

I do support the fight to recognise all human beings as equal... whether
they are women, men, black, purple or pink .... I must say that I am
sometimes ashamed of being a male because of the attrocities which have been
inflicted by my sex.

Thanks Jeff

Pete