permaculture - Re: Women's Introduction to Permaculture Weekend 6/9-11

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Peter Wibberley" <petew@twpo.com.au>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Women's Introduction to Permaculture Weekend 6/9-11
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 14:08:10 +0930

----- Original Message -----
From: Toby Hemenway <hemenway@jeffnet.org>
To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2000 12:26 AM

> I'll let Jude or another woman teacher give a fuller answer to Pete's
> question. But one observation: when Jude and I (I'm male) advertise
> together for an intro Pc weekend course, we have a very hard time filling
> it. But when Jude advertises in the same places for a women's course, it
> fills up. So there is clearly a need and a market for women's courses.

Thanks Toby
I wonder if women perhaps have more of a natural affinity for pc... IMO they
are certainly more observant than men and this goes a long way in living
WITH the land....
or are women much more interested in learning new ideas than men?

I did think more couples would be interested in attending together though...
shows how much out of touch I am.

It would be interesting to hear from some of the female course co-ordinators
on the feedback from the women's workshop on why they are more popular than
mixed groups.

Pete