permaculture - Re: Plant based latex

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Marsha Hanzi" <hanzibra@svn.com.br>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Plant based latex
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 18:13:23 -0300

Hello Ava--

Yes, the cactus slime is really very efficient, and is as simple as that.
I will forward your letter to a Brazilian NGO (Tibá) which works constantly
with these questions. I think they will be able to give you more details
as to quantities, etc. They told me that jyust by throwing some cactus pads
into a water tank they were amazed to see that the tank in fact became
waterproofed.

Best wishes!
Marsha Hanzi
Instituto de PErmacultura da Bahia