permaculture - Re: Comfrey

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Scott Pittman <pci@permaculture-inst.org>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Comfrey
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 13:53:15 -0700

BTW does anybody know if stock will eat or are affected by eating comfrey?

I am currently raising a flock of chicks on fresh comfrey, supplementing it with alfalfa straw, fresh greens from the greenhouse, wild bird mix and commercial starter. The starter contains antibiotics, and I am really resistant to use it in the future, so in a way I am trying to develop my own way of growing poultry, using available resources . After a week of such diet babies are happy and healthy. Does anyone know, if I am doing something wrong (or right)?

P.S. They sure prefer comfrey to anything else!

Arina