permaculture - Re: Zone 6, 00

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Harald Wedig" <avantgarden@wxs.nl>
  • To: permaculture
  • Subject: Re: Zone 6, 00
  • Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 19:18:40

> > I'd also like to know if the idea is original with Mollison or if he got
> it
> > somewhere else (wish he'd indicate that sort of thing!).
>
> During a feedback circle following a description of zones 0-5 at an
> introductory seminar (ran by Carl) one member of the circle pointed out that
> the zoning was almost identical to that of a medieval village.
>
> Myk

Around 1920 there was a renovative agricultural movement in Austria,
Germany and Switzerland, known as the Gaertnerhof. Gaertnerhof( Gaertner=
horticulture and -hof = farm = agriculture) indicates an intensive organic
landuse system. The design showed a rather intensive horticulture but
included animals as well. This was kind of contradictionary to the terms of
trade at that time. One of the highlights of Gaertnerhof design was its
zoning.
It is VERY much the same, as it was thaught by David Holmgren and Bill
Mollison.
But as we all know, its very difficult to produce something completly new
nowadays. As Rupert Sheldrake puts it: its all in the air;-)
Harald Wedig, Netherlands

  • Re: Zone 6, 00, Myk Rushton, 03/20/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Zone 6, 00, Harald Wedig, 03/20/2000