permaculture - Re: Nitrogen in mesquite

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Wesley Trotman" <trotmanw@camtech.net.au>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Nitrogen in mesquite
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 20:52:47 +1030

Hi Noel,
i received your post via USA, I live in south Oz.
I havent the n content of mesquite, but if its like Acacia the leaves should
be quiet high.
If you intend a commercial operation you will need a chemical analysis on
the packaging so you will need to have it tested. have you though of
composting as a part of your process.
this will add value as an organic fertilizer also you may find you cannot
stock pile it wihout it composting itself. So may be better to plan to do
that and turn out a consistent product.

All the best

Wesley Trotman