permaculture - Feedback needed: a new list for a permaculture calendar & events announcements

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <london@metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Feedback needed: a new list for a permaculture calendar & events announcements
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 02:56:18 -0500 (EST)

It has been suggested that a mailing list (like this one that is
accessable through email, the Web and as a newsgroup) is much needed
to post calendars of permaculture events and for announcements of
events by those sponsoring them. I think this is a good idea and
am ready to start one for this purpose. If any of you have ideas
or suggestions please post them here. An idea for a name is:
permaculture-news@franklin.oit.unc.edu. A better
name, perhaps, is permaculture-calendar@franklin.oit.unc.edu, which
is very long but if you all prefer this and don't mind the extra typing
I will call it that. Another question: should this new list be limited
to events listing with approprate feedback or, if it is named
permaculture-news, could/should it also contain news about the world of
permaculture in addition to a calendar? A typical newsworthy post might
be one describing a new permaculture curriculum offered by some college or
university or how some city has embraced permaculture in designing
and maintaining urban and suburban parkland or city landscaping. I would
think that in this instance feedback and discussion should be carried on
in this list keeping the other clear for news and events (with necessary
feedback & questions) posts only. What do you think?

Personally, I am leaning toward permaculture-calendar and keeping news
here in this list where followup discussion can occur.

Lawrence

Lawrence F. London, Jr. Venaura Farm
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/permaculture PermaSphere
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden/orgfarm
lflondon@mindspring.com london@metalab.unc.edu