permaculture - Re: Feedback needed: a new list for a permaculture calendar & events announcements

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <london@metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Feedback needed: a new list for a permaculture calendar & events announcements
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 19:46:33 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Wesley Trotman wrote:

> I would like to see an electronic magazine as an ultimate goal, however

So would I.

> there are problems on how the large amount of work needed on an ongoing
> basis can be paid for.

I think it is called volunteerism. I have been doing this sort of thing on
the Web/Internet for nearly 15 years and have found it to be very
rewarding, well worth every minute of my time; this list is one of the
best rewards.

There are ways to do an electronic pc magazine; Christer Ellinsgen
(who, with my help started alt.pc) wanted to do this a long time ago.
People could contribute as they have the time to put in. There are enough
software tools available to us to make it happen as a group effort.
We don't need money to make it happen. And I recommend a new website
to host it rather any existing ones, though I would be willing to
create it within my pc page or have a new site set up for this purpose.

I think it should be capable of publishing material from people
without PC degrees as well as from those who have them and those
who are involved professionally in the field.

>I think your idea of an events list is a good one. No
> discussion or reply posting, these can be carried out in the ngs. >

I think it would be better for discussion to happen here. The ng I think
you're referring to is the last place I would recommend to anyone or
expend any more of my own energy; I would like to see it change into
a serious forum though, as it was originally intended.

> Wes.

Lawrence F. London, Jr. Venaura Farm
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/permaculture PermaSphere
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden/orgfarm
lflondon@mindspring.com london@metalab.unc.edu