permaculture - Re: Compost fungi and allergies

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: stephan leimroth <slimerote@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Compost fungi and allergies
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 22:13:34 -0400 (EDT)

hi, marsha,

while transfering some oak and pine tree chips from a
chipping truck to my smaller vehicle, my friend and i
were both exposed to airbone fungal spores (a visible
cloud that looked like steam). while i spent a
feverish, worried night, my friend experienced what he
described as an hallucinatory experience (i think just
a high-fever experience) that, in the end, i think he
enjoyed.
i don't know if we suffer any longer term effects from
that one exposure, but i don't doubt that one would
from repeated exposure.

bye,
stephan