permaculture - Re: Keyline !ATTN!: Darren & Frank & everyone else on the list

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <london@metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Keyline !ATTN!: Darren & Frank & everyone else on the list
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 17:21:11 -0400 (EDT)

Lawrence F. London, Jr. -+|+- Venaura Farm
london@metalab.unc.edu lflondon@worldnet.att.net
http://metalab.unc.edu/london, /permaculture, /ecolandtech
EcoLandTech -+|+- InterGarden -+|+- Permaculture

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999, Australia Felix wrote:

> Subject: Re: Keyline
> Hello Frank,
> Thanks for the reply. I 'll put together a list that I supply to my clients
> that may be of use. In terms of timing well that's up to you - you can only
> do things when you're ready.....
> I'll get back to you later today/tomorrow,
> Cheers
> Darren

OK, its now a done deal.

Thanks to the generosity and expertise of the techies at MetaLab we now
have the beginnings of an interactive area on the Web for the exchange of
various resources: text files, wp docs, pictures, drawings, renderings,
blueprints, eventually sound files.

To make this project of Darren's and Franks an open exercise for all
we now have a resource that can be use to upload and view/download
documents and images without having to deal with ftp or email
file attachments, neither of which are very interactive without
extra work. This new upload tool make it easy for all of us to
exchange pictures and documents quickly and easily. If there is a need
I can create separate password-protected areas too. And this is just the
beginning; soon I hope we'll have an easy to use discussion forum in
which we can upload documents and images alongside out messages -
open to everyone, no subscription or password required, fast and easy to
use. I hope this will become the main Web resource we use to carry us into
the 21st Century - it will be robust, fast and highly functional.

To see and use this go to this location:

http://metalab.unc.edu/london/permaculture.html

It will also exist soon in:
http://metalab.unc.edu/permaculture
http://metalab.unc.edu/ecolandtech

Or go directly to these locations to upload or view/download:

Documents
---------
http://metalab.unc.edu/london/upload-docs.html
Upload word processor documents or text files
http://metalab.unc.edu/london/permaculture/uploads/docs
Read, save, download uploaded documents

Images
------
http://metalab.unc.edu/london/upload-pics.html
Upload graphical images (.jpg, .gif, etc.)
http://metalab.unc.edu/london/permaculture/uploads/pics
View, save, download uploaded images

Feedback welcomed.

Lawrence