permaculture - Re: Keyline

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: FranksFarm@aol.com
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Keyline
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 10:14:15 EDT

G'day Darren,

<<In terms of your project though I'm interested in helping you through the
process of working out where your dams should go etc. I think we could do
this as an open book so that anyone else can put in their "two bobs worth"
and learn a bit along the way.>>

That's a great suggestion and mighty nice of you to offer to share your
expertise. But I already knew you were a swell:)

I just got a scanner...but will take a while toget to know how to use it. I
do have some aerial photos, and a contour map of the property. I'll have to
figure out how to post it.

Tell me what else do we need. Since there are quite a few steep hollows there
are numerous drainage ways that already exist. I also feel that there's got
to be some springs up there that I could develop for gravity fed water supply
to hose and barn.

Problem right now is that I have got to get a house built so we can move down
permanently. It's been an adventure...I've been planning this house for years
so I KNOW what I want problem of course is in execution, and $$$. So many
varaiables if you want an energy efficient, healthy house that tied in with
the outdoors at an affordable cost.

<<The last discussion on imposing earthworks was
pretty interesting though, and had the thoughts of many clients echoing
through and through.>> was this on the graze L list? I have been off that
one for a while and have only seen a few on the PC list. But nothing in
depth.

You know if my proposed Eco Center were set up I'd have you come over to give
some lectures, do a hands on pond building, and promise you a good time. I'm
afraid I can't offer much now. But you are most welcome to visit(BG)

You sure do have a lot on your plate!

I'm excited about your offer...but due to the timing I may not be able to get
the stuff you need scanned till I get back to NY in mid August.

Best wishes. Cheerio Frank

---
You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: london@metalab.unc.edu
leave-permaculture-75156P@franklin.oit.unc.edu