permaculture - Prairie bioregion permaculture gathering?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Jeff Hall" <JRHALL@gwgate.lib.iastate.edu>
  • To: permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Prairie bioregion permaculture gathering?
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 08:46:34 -0600

Hearing from other not too far off permaculturalists makes me wonder if we're
nearly ready for a regional gathering, to exchange ideas, support one another
and bring in new folks? Perhaps include bioregionalism and permaculture, and
other related movements?
If it resonates with anyone, I'd be interested!
Jeff Hall, Ames Iowa

>>> <DRush35007@aol.com> 01/21 7:23 AM >>>

<< Hello, my name is Kirry. I attended the pc course at Occidental Arts &
Ecology in Sept. 98, and just got back home to Kansas City a month ago. I
am seeking those who are active in URBAN Permaculture. I am eager to change
things here, but feel all alone! >>
Hi Kirry. I am afraid I am not too close to you (Oklahoma City), but just
wanted to say that I am eager to change things here, but like you, feel very
alone. There is a local listserve starting focusing on sustainability. Bit
at a time I am making a few contacts that have similar interests, but it is
slow going. I have just moved in to a new house, on a very neglected half
acre lot, so plan to start developing it for food production this year. I
think the best thing I can do is too live by example. My dream is that in
time, groups that are forming around the country/world will do more and more
talking to each other. Some day maybe we will become the mainstream. So good
luck.

Dave

---
You are currently subscribed to permaculture as:
JRHALL@gwgate.lib.iastate.edu
leave-permaculture-75929R@franklin.oit.unc.edu