permaculture - Re: Permaculture's Intent

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: FranksFarm@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Permaculture's Intent
  • Date: Sun, 8 Nov 1998 06:32:24 EST

Hello,

I've enjoyed much of the comment...and would only like to make one observation
from my limited exposure to PC that derives from a reading of Mollison etc.

I firm;y believe in a lot of the concepts, and the design ideas...but I'd
certainly hope that the PC advocates would share more of the practical do's
and don'ts for us newcomers to consider in designing our farms, and
homesteads.

The Philosophy is interesting, but it's the details that I'm after...and that
seems to be where the list falls a bit short. Sure every property is unique,
but I'm sure there must be common approaches that work almost any where or
could be locally adapted.

I know I'd like to see some sort of PC farm analysis form, or guideline for an
holistic review. Any such out there? Could anyone send me such, or publish it
to the group...that would be a great start for newcomers to consider.

This is not meant as a criticism , or to foster a lot of comment about the
philosophy, or the naive impracticality of such an approach, or the need to
take courses or purchase PC materials. Not everyone on the list aspires to be
a certified PC teacher.

Seems we could use more advocates willing to share their expertise to help
others:) I'm trying to tred lightly here since I know many of you have
generously made numerous contributions to specific questions or subjects. It's
more a response type reaction than a pro-active one designed to get people
like to me to implement those practices that work, and that are more
sustainable in the long run..

Again this is not meant as a criticism but rather as my personal observation.

Best wishes to all. Frank