permaculture - Re: Permaculture's Intent

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jeffrey Newman <newman@bcinternet.net>
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Permaculture's Intent
  • Date: Sat, 07 Nov 1998 17:14:18 -0800

CtopherP@aol.com wrote:

> Let me shift the focus a little, and I'd like to ask the much larger group
> assembled here, what is permaculture's intent? What are we trying to do
> here?

Christopher,

I can only say why I'm here: I find strong resonance with the spirit and
attitudes
of Permaculture as represented by Mollison and what I've seen and heard of
Permaculture in action. I was originally looking for information and advice
on a
specific project. I found here what I was looking for (with much appreciation
and
enjoyment) and continue to enjoy the "earthed" wisdom present here - a
company of
doers.

I am, BTW, not repelled in any way by the animosity that's come up recently.
I would
be concerned if it was repressed and continued to show in "sideways" comments
etc.
Any group, even a loose one like this, in my opinion, will have issues of
leadership
and style to work out. While it makes no sense for clarification processes
like this
to take over the interchange, I'm OK with doing a little work on it. I regard
each
person's input as their own unless they officially represent a group. So,
what "we"
are here to do will be a constellation of all the individual variations in
answering
your question. Isn't that how Permaculture works anyway?

Jeffrey

Jeffrey Newman
My personal web site is at http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Flats/5759/

My ICQ number is: 9879310