permaculture - Re: dirt or Earth?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Avalon Bruce <avalonb@nwol.net>
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: dirt or Earth?
  • Date: Sun, 03 May 1998 14:52:54 -0700

in re: jack's latest brilliant additions to this list, i offer my own
snippet

of the HUNDREDS of books on my shelves, if i were banished to an island
and could take ONLY ONE tome, it would be Peter Russell's "The Global
Brain" -- speculations on the evolutionary leap to planetary
consciousness -- the Earth
has always KNOWN all was connected; now,it's time the two-leggeds woke
up and
figured this out, too!

if ANYONE, al gore included, has ANY doubts bout this 3rd 'rock' from
the sun
being a sentient entity OR that there's a connection between the
individual
consciousness and the fate of the planet, they should read this.

Rumi may be more succinct, but Russell is brilliant; both are profound
in their
own ways

--
The Earth is not given to us by our parents.
It is loaned to us by our children.