permaculture - Re: any writings or speakers in Permaculture Philosophy?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Michael Yount <yount@csf.Colorado.EDU>
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Cc: harold@alternatives.com
  • Subject: Re: any writings or speakers in Permaculture Philosophy?
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 11:30:37 -0600

Hi Harold,

I'm currently reading Forest Gardening, by Robert Hart, and
have a copy of The Permaculture Way, by Graham Bell. Both
are "easy to get one's head around."

Please contact me privately if you'd like publisher details
and so on.

Michael
yount@csf.colorado.edu

:}Hello:
:}
:}A friend asked me if there were any writings on Permaculture philosophy. I
:}said that it did not appear to be much work on it beyond:
:}
:}1) Chapter 1,2 and the last chapter in the Permaculture: A Designers Manual
:} - Lovelock's 'The Gaia Hypothesis' is mentioned.
:}
:}2) Manosubo Fukuoka: (I saw somewhere that somebody called him "The
:}Permaculture Philosopher" ... the books of his are The One Straw Revolution
:}and The Natural Way of Farming
:}
:}But, as I have had tired eyes from too much computing on bad computer
:}screens, I have not read every book on Permaculture yet and there are so
:}many new ones.
:}
:}I guess that D. J. Sholto & Robert Hart's " Forest Farming" might be a
good one.
:}
:}What other books shall I suggest to my friend who is increasingly wanting
:}to talk and speak introducing permaculture ideas? I am particularly
:}interested in the latest works by people who are explicitly
:}permaculturalists.
:}
:}I've heard Larry Santoyo speak interesting asides on this but I have not
:}heard of any writings.
:}
:}Who else can and do speak on such subjects?
:}
:}I find both tough questions during planting season when I want to abandon
:}my computer and reading.
:}
:}Thanks,
:}