permaculture - any writings or speakers in Permaculture Philosophy?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: haroldw@alternatives.com (harold waldock)
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: any writings or speakers in Permaculture Philosophy?
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 20:16:29 -0400

Hello:

A friend asked me if there were any writings on Permaculture philosophy. I
said that it did not appear to be much work on it beyond:

1) Chapter 1,2 and the last chapter in the Permaculture: A Designers Manual
- Lovelock's 'The Gaia Hypothesis' is mentioned.

2) Manosubo Fukuoka: (I saw somewhere that somebody called him "The
Permaculture Philosopher" ... the books of his are The One Straw Revolution
and The Natural Way of Farming

But, as I have had tired eyes from too much computing on bad computer
screens, I have not read every book on Permaculture yet and there are so
many new ones.

I guess that D. J. Sholto & Robert Hart's " Forest Farming" might be a good
one.

What other books shall I suggest to my friend who is increasingly wanting
to talk and speak introducing permaculture ideas? I am particularly
interested in the latest works by people who are explicitly
permaculturalists.

I've heard Larry Santoyo speak interesting asides on this but I have not
heard of any writings.

Who else can and do speak on such subjects?

I find both tough questions during planting season when I want to abandon
my computer and reading.

Thanks,

Harold Waldock
Edible Landscape Creations