permaculture - Re: Request for Info re: sustainable, self-sufficient small farms (fwd)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: jason.hatfield@hermes.sit.edu (Jason Hatfield)
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Request for Info re: sustainable, self-sufficient small farms (fwd)
  • Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 00:38:33 -0500

hiya kylie,
there's a great book called "Rebirthing the Small Farm," written by (I
think) Greg Beatson or Bayson or Bateson and his wife, published by IMF
Associates in Washington state, USA. They apparently bought a small farm
for $10,000 US and have established a self-sufficient, sustainable food
production system there in the last ten years or so. I haven't read the
book but I have ordered it and could send it to you when I get it and order
another one, or give you the publisher's address. I'm also interested in
permaculture design and would like one day to have a demonstration farm and
teaching facility and ecovillage. I'm also interested in WWOOFing in New
Zealand and Australia and elsewhere. Do you know anything about WWOOFing
down there, or anything about Americans working in your country or
Australia? I'm very keen on getting down there late this year. Good luck
with your research and I hope to hear more about what you find out.
Cheers,
Jason Hatfield
School for International Training
Box B46
Brattleboro, VT 05302
(802)258-3387
jason.hatfield@hermes.sit.edu

ps i also love new zealand music like the chills and the verlaines and look
blue go purple and i play music and sing and write songs myself. i would
love to play some gigs down there if that's possible. how do people go
about getting gigs there if they're from a different country?