permaculture - Re: Heliciculture from Peru (fwd)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "April Sampson-Kelly" <askpv@ozemail.com.au>
  • To: <permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Heliciculture from Peru (fwd)
  • Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 17:52:28 +1000

Farming snails is good business in Australia,
we do not have to use French snails, we can grow our own native snails,
and breed selectively for size and taste as we would any other animal/plant
There is a real danger though of liver wort for the home gardener, you
should
have your snails tested first and keep them in a quarantine environment,
you also have to purge their guts for a few weeks by feeding them organic
mash of cereals. Michel Fanton has experience in farming and eating snails,
he is on the seed savers page on my links.
April

----
April Sampson-Kelly ADPA,BCA,MCA,GradSci,PDC
LC Permaculture Visions
leaders in permaculture learning by correspondence
askpv@ozemail.com.au
sampsms@ozemail.com.au
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~askpv
GOOD PLANETS ARE HARD TO FIND