permaculture - Ozark Challenges

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Rebbry@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu, permaculture@envirolink.org
  • Subject: Ozark Challenges
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 15:02:04 -0500 (EST)

The growing season is coming on-line, and I find myself once again
confronting two of our eternal "challenges" in the Ozarks: ticks and bermuda
grass. Now, I know some people say you can control ticks with guineas or
chickens or ducks or geese, but I've never known anyone in real life who had
any success with these techniques. As for bermuda, I've tried everything
from Round-up to buried flashing to digging out beds and laying landscape
fabric down first. Eventually, bermuda snakes its way in. How are you
folks dealing with these challenges? Rebecca Bryant