permaculture - Re: pc in Afghanistan - Larry is real

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture
  • Subject: Re: pc in Afghanistan - Larry is real
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 12:11:04 -0400

On Thu, 11 Oct 2001 23:57:14 -0700 (PDT), John Schinnerer
<eco_living@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Aloha,
>
>--- BBurt McClure <lcb@zianet.com> wrote:
>> ARE YOU FOR REAL?

Demonaically possessed to deliberately post messages, here
specifically. :-)

I find it profoundly disturbing that, after the war in Afganistan is
over, the same old drug thugs would come back in and coerce
Afgan farmers to continue growing opium poppy and thus continue
to contribute to the exportation of heroin to the world (read: US, UK,
Europe, among other nations).

LL

>What little I've learned about the region lately indicates high
>desert/dryland (*very* dryland, sounds like) strategies. Anyone know
>what historical subsistence systems were in that area?
>
>That's the easy part, though (tools, techniques and methods). The
>difficult part, as is so often the case, is cultural, is human
>relatings (or lack thereof).
>
>=====
>John Schinnerer, MA
>- Eco-Living -
>Cultural & Ecological Designing
>Food - Shelter - Community
>john@eco-living.net
>http://eco-living.net

  • Re: pc in Afghanistan - Larry is real, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 10/12/2001