permaculture - Re: Zone 6 and zones in general

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture
  • Subject: Re: Zone 6 and zones in general
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 20:38:20 -0500

On Fri, 17 Mar 2000 19:56:15 -0500, Lee Barnes <lbarnes@primeline.com>
wrote:

>Larry and friends,
> I, too, like the concept of Zone 6 to represent a continuous
>gradation of nearly invisible awarenesses of "all-our-relations" and our
>expansive sphere of influence beyond old, limited belief systems about
>time and space, etc. by strenghtening our intuition abilities and
>"in-tune"ments which can help us reach beyond normal understanding and
>communication.
> I'm an experienced water and earth energies dowser who has learned
>how to better tune into my intuition by focusing my mind on a particular
>thing - flowing underground water, a lost locket, or by tuning into
>events miles away with which our mind resonates. A good part of this is
>that we can help our conscious minds "tune"into our subcious
>awarenesses- such as our senses of heat, gravity, magnetic fields,
>geopathic energy fields, resonance, and our numerous "field "and
>"thought" interactions with all of the Universe.

> I also like the concept of Zone "OO" - the inner space of our minds
>and psyches, where we spend so so much time... but with microscopic
>travel distance between cells and atoms. Can be with many thought
>traffic jams or enlightenment...

> These awarenesses will help you better grow corn, develop truely
>sustainable agricultures, avoid dangers and dangerous energies, see the
>Universe as a most holy intersection of multiple energy fields, and how
>to better intune one-on-one with upcoming and past events.

Beautifully put, Lee. To me Zone 00 seems an "internal" one and Zone
6, an "external one", both "non material". Someone suggested Zone 6
might be considered the human consciousness "edge zone" - this may be
a new twist on an old theme but it also may have tangible meaning
imparting considerable enlightenment. You mentioned "resonance"; I
would suggest that the word "induction" might have some meaning too as
far as energy transfer is concerned: from the "out there" through Zone
6 to Zones 5 - 1 and finally to Zone 00.

Rich has made a good point that 00 and 6 should not be added to 1-5
as they may be very difficult for many to utilize as they learn and
practice permaculture. I tend to agree but one has to start somewhere
and 00 and 6 were originally conceived as zones. Could they be renamed
and placed in the permaculture literature as additional concepts,
along with zones, patterning, etc.? What could they be called? These
concepts really need to become part of permaculture. Someone should
write a book on this (quick, before it becomes doctrine or religion:-)

> Happy Trails, Lee "Dowser-Elder-in-Training" Barnes

Lawrence F. London, Jr. Venaura Farm
intergarden.com InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/permaculture PermaSphere
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden/orgfarm AGINFO
lflondon@mindspring.com london@metalab.unc.edu