permaculture - Re: Zone 6 and zones in general

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture
  • Subject: Re: Zone 6 and zones in general
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 11:50:10 -0500

On Thu, 16 Mar 2000 16:27:35 -0000, "Graham Burnett"
<gburnett@unisonfree.net> wrote:

>I THINK what Carl was kind of getting at with Zone 6 was, if Zone 00 is our
>INTERNAL landscape,
>psychology, the work we need to do with our own distress, etc, etc, then
>Zone 6 is kind of the
>COLLECTIVE subconsious, cultural mythologies, the dreaming, legends, folk
>tales, that kind of
>thing, and which definition can't be too closely analysed... and in a way
>Zone 6 neatly loops back
>onto Zone 00, where does the internal landscape begin and the collective
>subconscious end? Same
>with all the zones really, there's always that blurring at the edges (which
>is probably where the
>most interesting stuff happens, as with the edge principle in general....

Fascinating thought (or zone 00 adventure :-) to consider that Zone 6
might be considered the human consciousness edge zone (analagous to
the Biodynamic people's Devic Realm).

Lawrence F. London, Jr. Venaura Farm
intergarden.com InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/permaculture PermaSphere
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden/orgfarm AGINFO
lflondon@mindspring.com london@metalab.unc.edu