percy-l - Re: [percy-l] weatherbee

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "Gray, Rich" <RGray AT montreat.edu>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] weatherbee
  • Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 22:43:42 -0400

Is Kev Kevin still a priest, or has he left the priesthood in Love in the
Ruins?

Another priest is Fr. Placide in Thanatos Syndrome. He performs the routine
tasks of a suburban pastor. He calls Tom More to attend to Fr. Reynaldo
Smith, isolated in the firetower. Does Placide represent any themes, or is
he simply part of the context?

Rich