percy-l - Re: [percy-l] weatherbee

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "Warren, Jr., Richard F" <rwarren AT boultcummings.com>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] weatherbee
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 13:49:43 -0500

I recommend Allen's excellent book to the list.  I have read most of the biographies and critical works on Percy's novels and this is one of the more helpful ones for me.  From other posts to this list, I know that many others continue to engage Walker for one of the reasons that has kept me returning to him over the years which is his insight into the struggle that so many of his characters have reconciling their faith to the "new modern world."  I read Allen's book a couple of years ago and was struck by his insight into the understanding of the world as a sacramental place in the Percy canon and his detailed readings of the novels.  It is good enough that I plan to read it again and it will send you back to the novels as well.

Richard

Richard F. Warren

Boult, Cummings, Conners & Berry, PLC
1600 Division Street, Suite 700