percy-l - Re: [percy-l] LITR

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "RHONDA MCDONNELL" <rhonda_mcdonnell AT msn.com>
  • To: percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] LITR
  • Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 22:44:05 -0700

wasn't the first one you mention the guy that wore the jumpsuits and acts more like a building super than a priest? Jack Curl maybe? The second was Fr. Weatherbee, whose rant regarding the behavior of Americans is genius--wasn't the quote something about his silly (or simple), holy face? Weatherbee is definitely linked to Fr. Smith. He seems to be daft but he's really the one that's onto something that no one else is paying attention to. He knows the truth of things. That's why Will asks him the important questions. Worth noting is that the priests in 2nd Coming are Anglican (as is the priest Lance is named for in Lancelot).

--Rhonda
The best lack all convictions, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity. -- WB Yeats