percy-l - Re: [percy-l] Does Deconstruction Have a Future?

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "James Piat" <piat1 AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: "S. Ghaly" <complit01 AT yahoo.ca>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] Does Deconstruction Have a Future?
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 10:38:59 -0400

Dear Jim Forest,

Thanks for another delightful post!  Personally, I think the essay is a bit harsh on deconstruction.  I don't think the deconstruction movement denies all possibility of communication or meaning  -- just the idea that there is a fixed meaning that inheres to events apart from our interpretation of them.  That a pizza is a pizza is a tower...   But perhaps I am not rightly dividing the text!  In any case  -- thanks.

Jim Piat
A friend passed in California this along to me.

Jim

* * *

Does Deconstruction Have a Future?

Dr. Donald DeMarco