percy-l - Re: [percy-l] gay marriage

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "RHONDA MCDONNELL" <rhonda_mcdonnell AT msn.com>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] gay marriage
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 18:38:00 -0700

Title: Message
Hi Karey:

You might be interested in Harold Bloom's contention that the Hebrew pronouns which refer to God in the original Old Testament are genderless.  Since I don't read Hebrew, I can't check this, but I do know that Milton also agrees with you.  Not bad company to be in.  And we may as well throw in Plato's SYMPOSIUM as another argument that precedes yours.

Rhonda