percy-l - RE: [percy-l] The West Wing's comment on Biblical contradictions

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: <Robert_Pauley AT oxy.com>
  • To: <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [percy-l] The West Wing's comment on Biblical contradictions
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 16:24:06 -0700

Title: Message
I agree with Jim P and find the show insufferable. Bartlett's performance in the press conference was a classic bit of rigged liberal dramaturgy, the wet-dream dressing down worked up by the smart-ass editor of the Berkeley Univ. rag in his shabby office after a long night successfully killing all opposing-view submissions. Or Aaron Sorkin -- not that much different. The scene is also a total distortion of reality, of how something like that might really play out. I think Percy would have had a ball taking potshots at this new wave of liberals, the Sorkins, Robbins, Penns, their putative humanism and yet near contempt for a person who doesn't agree with them.

Best, RP