percy-l - Re: [percy-l] God's Gender and Ham Sandwiches

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion of Walker Percy

  • From: "James Piat" <piat1 AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] God's Gender and Ham Sandwiches
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 16:27:10 -0400

Amen.  I know of people who are aetheists, sadly, because they can't deal with the symbolism of a male God, but I also agree entirely with Steve's characterization that with respect to God, we are all female.  It doesn't bother me at all to be spiritually female, that is the role of Church (and no, Jim, I'm not a homophobe that I know of.. )

Dear Mike,

Aside from myself, I didn't mean to call anyone on list homophobic.  I was just offering my opinion, in response to someone's question, as to what the term might mean -- or at least one of many ways I've heard it used.   I've enjoyed and learned something from everyone's comments -- including of course yours.

Best,
Jim p