pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] Project plan feedback

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] Project plan feedback
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 21:54:21 +0000

Aloha,

2. And, also attached is....(drumroll)....a new Proect Plan! You can hardly contain your excitement. So take that excitement, and use it to read the plan and provide feedback (if you have any). Please. It took a while to write, and is essential to our process. And Johns, I'd appreciate if you added technical details where necessary.

OK, I just looked at it...need to know where "where necessary" is that you want technical details added.

Next question - which may obviate my previous question - is this intended to be a high-level plan/overview for the sake of Threshold Foundation, or is this intended to be our actual working project plan for our use in guiding the project?

If the former, I think it's mostly OK as it is, with one major quibble - I don't think it's realistic at this point to include as a phase one deliverable any kind of GBI/web-like UI. Not that it couldn't happen. Seems unlikely to me though.

If the latter, I think a timeline based spreadsheet sort of layout would be more appropriate for our uses within the project - and easier to modify in terms of tracking what actually gets done when, what comes before/after/during what, adding details or sub-tasks, and so on.

4. ...Chad, are you alive?

Second that...dude?? Yo!

cheers,